Before executing the outbound delivery you decided to pack the goods. You have selected the Packing option but noticed that the Tare Weight shown in the Weight & Measurement section is wrong.
You expect to see the same weight maintained in the Logistics Unit master data.
SAP Business ByDesign [All Versions]
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Outbound Logistics work center.
- Go to Outbound Deliveries view.
- Select the delivery ABC.
- Select Packing.
- Select the option Insert Package, then Insert Top Package.
- Select the logistics unit XYZ.
- Go to the Weight & Measurement tab.
- See the Tare Weight is not the same maintained in the master data of the logistics unit XYZ.
System is behaving as expected. The Tare Weight shown when performing a Packing is not based on the weight of the logistics unit itself. Instead, it is based on the weight of the Default Packaging Material, selected in the Logistics Unit master data.
The weight of this material is defined in its master data.
In case the Logistics Unit has no Default Packaging Material assigned to it, the Tare Weight field will be empty.
System works as designed.
tare weight, packaging material, default packaging material, logistics unit, outbound logistics , KBA , tare weight , AP-ODP , Outbound Delivery Processing , Problem