A contact is associated to multiple accounts with the same e-mail ID and only one account is assigned as main. The wrong account is determined when creating a ticket via e-mail.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Contact XYZ is assigned to three different accounts.
- In the Relationships tab, account XXX (XXX represents the account name) is assigned as main.
- Send an e-mail to the ticket's e-mail channel maintained in the system.
- Go to the Service work center.
- Go to the Tickets view.
- Open ticket 123 (123 represents the ticket ID created in step 3).
- The account maintained for this ticket is not main account XXX of the contact that created the ticket.
This is because the same contact with the same e-mail ID is maintained in several accounts.
This is the system expected behaviour.
Contacts must have different e-mail IDs for each of the different accounts. Then, the right account is identified in the ticket created.
In order to have the same contact for several accounts, and when creating a ticket the main account is taken into consideration, please post your request in the collaboration forum. There you can request new features for the new releases of the system. Posting there will also allow you to track our progress in this new feature request.
If you need this functionality urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by Cloud Service Center on https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html . You can contact Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use firstname.lastname@example.org or the Partnerfinder
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right hand side of https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html, choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page
KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To