- Unable to create a report off S/4 HANA
- Error when attempting to add a table from S/4 HANA
- Unable to refresh a report pointing to ECC on S/4 HANA in Crystal Reports.
- In Crystal Reports, when attempting to create a report based off S/4 HANA, it fails with an error like:
"/CRYSTAL/GET_FUNCAREA_CATALOG " not found
"/CRYSTAL/GET_QUERY_CATALOG" not found
"/CRYSTAL/GET_OSQL_OBJECT_LIST" not found
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- S/4 HANA
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report.
- In the "Database Expert", select "SAP Table, Cluster, or Function"
- Select the ECC system on S/4 HANA
- It then fails with errors like: "/CRYSTAL/GET_FUNCAREA_CATALOG " not found
- Reporting off ECC or ERP on S/4 HANA is currently not supported from Crystal Reports. For reference, see the Product Availability Matrix:
1338845 - How to find Product Availability Matrix (PAM) / Supported Platforms Documentation for SAP BusinessObjects products
- Note: The error usually indicates the functions required by Crystal Reports to report off ECC or ERP have not been loaded on SAP Netweaver. The resolution is usually to load the SAP Integration Kit Transports on the SAP Netweaver system, but in this case, the backend is S/4 HANA which is currently not supported to report from in Crystal Reports.
CR, S4HANA, S4/HANNA , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016