When you approve a Purchase Order ABC (ABC represents the Purchase Order ID), you get the error Purchase order approval not possible.
SAP Business ByDesign, All Versions.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Managing My Area work center.
- Go to Approvals view.
- Find ABC.
- Select Edit and review the data.
- Select Approve.
The error Purchase order approval not possible appears.
One of the causes for this error is that you are the creator of the Purchase Order ABC which you are trying to approve. The self-approval of Purchase orders is not scoped in the Business Configuration of your system.
You can check whether this setting is scoped by following these steps :
Go Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Select your project and click Edit Project Scope.
- Navigate to the Questions tab.
- Find the Question Do you want to allow self-approval for purchase order approvals?.
This questions is not In Scope.
You have two options to solve this issue:
- either forward the approval task to another user via the Business Task Management view;
- or change the scoping of your system in the Implementation Project.
Purchase, order, approval, self-approval, blocked, stuck, error , KBA , purchase order approval not possible , approval , purchase order , self-approval , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , Problem