- Updates made on the HANA View does not affect the SAP Analytics Cloud story until the Model has been changed/modified and re-saved.
- As an example the newly added expressions in HANA view are not reflecting in Stories therefore you need to load the variables again to see the default values and save it.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a model in SAC based on a calculation view without input parameter.
- Create a story based on this model and save it.
- Define an input parameter on the HANA view.
- Update the Model in SAC for allowing variables from the view.
- Newly added parameter / prompt is being shown when running the story.
- Change the parameter on the HANA view by adding a particular Expression under default value.
- The SAC Story shows the prompt window, however it does not show the value from expression.
- Model, including the "Variables" must be updated and saved in order to get the default value expression in the Story as well.
- This issue is a limitation of using HANA Views currently in SAP Analytics Cloud.
- We store the default value from HANA at Model Save time and never update it unless the model is edited and resaved.
- Please raise an enhancement request under Customer Influence for SAP Analytics Cloud in order to get this feature implemented.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, expression, default value, variable, prompt, input parameter , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem