Custom workflow template with direct mapped fields shows blank values in the received email.
Employee Central - Custom workflow notification
Reproducing the Issue
- Create configuration for custom workflow notification email with placeholders.
- Create direct mapping for the placeholders.
- Now trigger the workflow and notice that direct mapped fields show blank values in the received email.
For the following workflow types, Document Generation's direct mapping will display empty values:
- FO (foundation object) workflow types
- New hire
- GO (generic object) workflows
This is an expected behavior. As pre-product design, the workflow types mentioned above will not show values for direct mapped fields.
Please request an enhancement request as per KBA-2281023 mentioning the requirement and business needs so that product team can assess and implement the functionality based on feasibility.
direct mapping custom workflow blank values custom workflow blank placeholder time off custom workflow , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflow & Trigger (Rules & XML) , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time-Off , Product Enhancement