- When opening the story for the second time, charts within a story get displayed faster in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Open a story for the first time.
- Notice the time it takes until the charts are displayed.
- Go back to Browse >> Files and open the same story again.
- Notice that the charts are displayed significantly faster.
- The "Enable Progressive Chart Rendering" option is enabled in the System >> Administration >> System Configuration menu.
- When this option is enabled, a version of the chart is cached (for an hour) and then displayed while the data is being retrieved and refreshed. If you try to interact with the cached chart, you will see the loading icon.
- If you disable the "Progressive Chart Rendering" option then the charts will take the same time every time when you open the story.
- You can find more information about this functionality in the following user's guide page: Progressive Chart Rendering and the following blogs:
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, Displaying, Loading, Chart rendering, quickly, launch, graphs, updated , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem