Text type widget styling options, such as background color and borders get changed when saving an existing Story for template.
SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.2.2
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a Story.
- Check the Styling of the text widgets.
- Click on "Save As Template".
- Open the template.
- Notice that the text widget styling is changed.
This issue is bydesign. The text box styling is not being carried over to the template because the story preferences of the text widget take precedence over the individual widget styles.
As the individual widget text styling was applied after the story preferences, the story preference will take precedence. Two ways could achieve the expected behavior:
- Use story preference to set all text widgets as desired (e.g.: border all, 1px, black, 20px radius) and modify the ones that need different styles on an individual basis.
- Copy all the things to a new story that has no story preference by default. This could be done by multiselecting all widgets in the story and copy, then create a new story and paste.
- Help resources and free SAP Analytics Cloud content
- Help portal
- SAP Community (Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs)
- SAP Community WIKI
- Improvement requests (on the SAP Customer Influence portal)
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: (Overview, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Collaboration, Administration)
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, textbox, individual, text, styling, preferences, border, story preference, copy paste , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Bug Filed