You would like to remove a country from scope, but when you get to the last step of editing the project scope, you get a popup stating that it is not possible to remove the country because it would cause some fine-tuning inconsistencies.
SAP Business ByDesign
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Click on Edit Project Scope.
- In the first step, remove an already scoped country.
- Go through all steps and click on Finish in the last step.
- See that an error appears stating that it is not possible to remove the country as it will cause inconsistencies.
The cause for this issue is that when a country is scoped, there are fine-tuning activities automatically created which will in turn create some initial transactional data. Once created this data cannot be removed, hence the error shown when trying to remove the country from scope.
It is not possible to remove a country once scoped. This is standard system behaviour. However, if it is critical to remove a country, an incident should be created and SAP Cloud Product Support can liaise with developers to try to remove the country. It may not always be possible grant this request.
Business Configuration, Edit Project Scope, Remove scoped Country , KBA , AP-DUE , Due Item Processing , How To