You have noticed an unposted source document and an error message which prevents the document from being posted. The error message is:
No Segment could be Derived for Forecast Document Item
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the General Ledger work center.
Go to the Closing Cockpit view.
Go the to Source Documents sub-view.
Search for your Source Document ID, in this case the Source Document Type is a 001 - Purchase Order.
Select the ID and under the Details session you can see below error.
No segment could be derived for forecast document item
Profit Center was not valid at the time of posting of Purchase Order. System was not able to derive the Segment for the given Profit Center.
You have assigned the Item to PRO - Project Task under Account Assignment tab in the Purchase Order. You can view the respective Profit Center from Project ID as given below:
- Go to the Project Management work center.
- Go to the Project view.
- Search for the Project XYZ (XYZ represents the Project ID).
- Click on Edit -> Project Plan tab.
- Select Grantt Chart and select Project Task 123 (123 represents the Project Task ID).
- Go to Accounting tab.
- You can see the Profit Center ABC (ABC represents the Profit Center name).
- Click on Profit Center name and it will show the Valid From/To.
You need to maintain the validity of the Profit Center ABC (ABC represents the Profit Center name) according to the Purchase Order posting date.
You need to change the validity of the Profit Center as per below steps:
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Go to the Org Structures view.
- Click on Edit tab.
- Find the Profit Center ABC (ABC represents the Profit Center name).
- Select Profit Center and go to Timelines tab.
- Maintain the correct Validity From to Validity to.
- Click on Save and Close tab.
Now you are able to post the Purchase Order from Unposted Source Documents.
Purchase Order, Unposted source document, Segment not derived, Profit Center not derived , KBA , purchase order , profit center not derived , source document error , segment , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem