When a user tries to access a report via ODATA, he cannot get any results because he is not authorized to view this report. It is possible that the very same URL used to work for this user before.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Enter the respective ODATA URL into your browser.
- You do not get any results and may face an authorization error.
A user can only access those report in ODATA which he can also view in the Analysis work center.
If you have enabled the assignment of report to business roles, a user will only see those reports that are assigned to his business role. This is the correct behaviour which has always been there in the browser. In ODATA, this logic was not yet applied, which was however corrected with the 1802 release. Now users can only access those reports in ODATA that they can see in the browser as well.
Additionally, hidden reports will not be accessible in ODATA either, since they are not visible in Analysis.
To check if the user is authorized for this report:
- Go to the Administrator work center.
- Click on Business Users.
- Search for the respective user and click on Edit > Access Rights.
- In the Business Role tab, check which business role this user is assigned to.
- Then go to the work center Business Analytics, view Design Reports.
- Search for the respective report and click on Assign.
- In the Work Center tab, check which work centers the report is assigned to and if it is marked as hidden.
- Go to the tab Business Roles.
If the report is not assigned the user's business role or if it is hidden, the user is not authorized to view it.
If a user needs to access a report in ODATA, you would need to make sure that the user and the report are assigned to the same business role.
Alternatively, you can disable the assignment of reports to business roles. In that case, the system will only consider the assignment of reports to work centers.
If you prefer to hide the reports, you can also access them in ODATA by using the Business Analytics work center access. For example, instead of the URL
use the following:
This will only work if the user is assigned to the Business Analytics work center.
For further information please also check the KBA 2040437 - The Analysis Work Center does not show any Reports or Dashboards .
ODATA, reports missing, business role, no reports available , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem