When the Account is changed on the Contact creation screen, the data in the communication fields (Phone, Mobile, Fax, E-mail etc.) is removed.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Customers work center.
- Go to the Contacts view.
- Select the New button.
- You can see that the communications fields (Phone, Mobile, Fax, E-mail etc) are Read-Only.
- In the Account field, select an Account ID from the OVS.
- The commuication fields should now become editable.
- Manually enter the required values in the commuication fields.
- Now change the Account to a different Account ID.
- You will see that the values in the communication fields have been removed.
The reason why these fields depend on the assignment of an Account is that this data is specific for the relationship between the Contact and Account. So If the same Contact has a relationship to another Account, it is possible to maintain new Contact information.
If the Account is changed, then it is the expected behaviour that these values are removed from the communicating fields.
|KBA: 2584870 While Creating a New Contact, Fields like Address, Phone, Job Function are Marked as Read Only in the Master Layout|
Customers, Contacts, Phone, Mobile, E-mail, Removed, Account, communication fields , KBA , LOD-CRM-CON , Contact , Problem