- New Youcalc Homepage tiles loading feature.
- Performance enhancement of Youcalc Homepage tiles.
Youcalc Homepage Tiles
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to your BizX environment.
- Currently, all the Youcalc homepage tile gets auto execute which sometime reduces the Homepage performance.
- When the data displayed in the “tiles” is not an aggregated content, the database queries will fetches a huge number of rows.
- Displaying huge amount of non aggregated data is of not much value in the home-page and resulting in many performance issues.
New approach for running Youcalc tiles on Homepage:
To get rid of the big database queries which currently gets auto execute as soon customer login to BizX homepage, Product has come up with below new approach.
- Only if the home page tile contains a “group-by” clause (in the underlying query), the tile will auto execute and display the data.
- In case the home page tile does not contain a “group-by” clause, we will NOT auto execute the tile upon user login, and the users will be expected to explicitly click a “refresh” button to populate the tile with the latest data. See below screenshot
- This enhancement will only impact custom and some standard models. Tiles created through Tile Builder functionality will not have any change.
- Tile created through Tile builder always have a "group by" clause therefore Tile builder tiles will not be impacted with this enahcement.
Homepage Youcalc tiles Homepage Dashboards tiles Homepage Dashboard tile Refresh Button Performance enhancement Homepage Dashboard Dashboards Tile Tiles , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-DSH , Dashboard and YouCalc , Product Enhancement