- Custom MDF data is not showing up when searching in Manage Data;
- Manage Data search showing "there were no results" even though the record exists.
SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: Metadata Framework
Reproducing the Issue
Pre-requisite: Create your custom object with externalCode set to "User" type and populate it with data.
- Go to Manage Data;
- Search for the custom object;
- Try to search for the user by name (for example)
- It will not populate anything. The error message will show up "there were no results".
Image 1. There are no results when typing her/his name.
Image 2. However the record does exist.
The custom object of "User" type will find only by userID. By default the only searchable fields are externalCode and externalName.
The only way to see the record is by typing her/his userID (if searchable) or clicking on the drop-down icon.
Image 3. Populating information when entering username.
You need to set up the custom fields you want as searchable.
Image 4. Example of searchable fields.
MDF, Metadata Framework, Custom Object, searchable field , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-OBJ , Object Definitions All Object Definition Creation , LOD-SF-MDF-MGD , Manage Data - Creating/ Modifying Data , Problem