In the journal entry resulting from customer invoice, you expect profit center can be automatically retrieved in the tax line items.
SAP ByDesign All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Journal Entries sub view.
- Find the journal entry of customer invoice XYZ and open it.
- For line items in the taxes subledger, you noticed that profit center is not derived from preceding documents where assigned with profit center and segment.
For line items in the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash, and Taxes subledgers, a profit center is only derived if you are using profit center segment accounting with clearing or with balancing.
Go to Implementation view of Business Configuration.
Search activity set of books.
Edit set of books for the company.
Under General tab, for Reporting Principle, use profit center segment accounting with clearing or with balancing, e.g.
- Profit center & segment,balancing.
- Profit center & segment,clearing.
- Function of exp,profit ctr/seg, balancing.
- Function of exp,profit ctr/seg, clearing.
You can choose to change the reporting principle as per your business requirement.
You may also refer to help docuemnt Reporting Principles and Derivation of Profit Centers and Segments.
profit center derivation, journal entry, reporting principle , KBA , FI-GL , General Ledger Accounting , How To