For each task of a Project approval is necessary for all time recordings. You notice, however, that time recordings have been posted without any approval.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
In the Project Management workcenter go to the Projects view.
Select the respective Project and open it via Edit-Project Plan.
Check the Basic Data tab of all Project Tasks.
In the Time Recording field the option Approval Required is selected for each Project task.
- When checking the work tab of one of the Project tasks you notice that work has been recorded.
- You might also check the Projects-Line Items report in the Cost and Revenue work center where you notice that time recordings have been posted for which no approval tasks had been generated.
The person who created time recordings on the project is the Project Manager, i.e. the Person Responsible maintained in the Project Header. Time recordings created by the Project Manager are posted without approval.
- In the Project Management workcenter, in Projects view open the respective project via Edit- Project Plan.
- In the Project Plan- Gantt Chart check and take note of the employee maintained in the Person Responsible column of the Project Header task.
- Now select one of the Project tasks and navigate to the task's work tab.
- Here, select the service for which Actual work was recorded.
- Check if the employee maintained in the Team Member column is the same colleague as the Person Responsible of the Project Header.
- Or, if no Team member is maintained for the Service, click on the Display History button. In the little pop-up table you will see all team members who have recorded time for the respective service and project tasks.
- All time recordings created by the Project Manager were posted without approval.
Project Time Recording without approval, Project Manager, Person Responsible , KBA , project time recording no approval , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , Problem