No Data available running the report in a different language
The report works properly in the language it was created
You have shared the report with a user and when you proxy as the user, the report works. However, if you run the report logged in as this user the report is blank
- A report runs fine in an Online Preview, but return a blank output or no data for CSV/XLS/XLSX formats
- Some users can’t export Report - Canvas in xls/xlsx/csv but others user can. Word/PDF/PPT works
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
1. Proxy as the affected user and run the shared report Online
2. Notice that Online Preview may work and show data
3. Now Export the report or Run it Offline as CSV/XLS/XLSX
4. Download the file. Notice that the output contains no data.
There is a static filter on a label field type (text string against a language-sensitive label).
When we change the language in BizX, the filter no longer matches, so this is expected behaviour.
In the example below the filter was applied in English. After changing the language to French, some values may not match:
The correct approach is to filter on the "code value" of that field (e.g. Employment Type - Internal or External Code).
This does not change when we switch the language.
It also protects against someone slightly changing the wording of a label entry, which would also break the filter.
English, Locale, share, report, language, change, data, no, filter, label, code, blank, fail, error, canvas, center, advanced , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ODS , Advanced Reporting , Problem