A cell within a CSV report splits into more lines due to a carriage return, line break CR or LF character.
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions.
Reproducing the Issue
- Login as an admin.
- Navigate to Reports.
- Download a report in CSV format.
- Open with Excel.
- Note that a cell contains multiple lines due to special character.
- This issue is caused by Excel foramtting.
- LMS application is unable to alter this.
As a workaround:
- In the filter section of the report interface, choose semicolon as the delimiter.
- Download the report with the special character.
- Manually remove the special characters from the report in Excel.
- Use the command
- This will remove the extra lines.
- Change LMS application to English - there are no carriage returns.
- Download the report.
- Revert the LMS application language to the user's preference.
- Download the report in HTML format.
Excel, Report, LMS, Formatting, Carriage Return, CSV, language, LF, Line BReak , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , LOD-SF-LMS-DB , DB Data & Services , How To