You have created a Sales Order ABC (ABC represents the Sales Order ID), where the Price for Line Item XXX (XXX represents the Line Item ID) was determined to be based on Price List XYZ (XYZ represents the Price List ID). When you invoice the Sales Order Invoice Request a few days later, you can see that the Price List determined in the Invoice is not the Price List from the Sales Order and the price is different.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Create a manual Sales Order.
- Enter Line Item XXX with maintained prices in Price List XYZ.
- Release and process the Sales Order untill you can Invoice Sales Order Invoice Request ABC.
- Nagivate to the Product and Service Portfolio work center, Price Lists view.
- Find Price List XYZ and change the validity to end on e.g. 01.02.
- Navigate to the Customer Invoicing work center, Invoice Requests view.
- Find Sales Order Invoice Request ABC.
- Click invoice and select Invoice Date 02.02.
- Navigate to the Pricing tab.
- You can see that Line Item XXX does not have the Price for Price List XYZ maintained.
During Invoicing there is a redetermination for the automatically determined Price Lists in previous Documents for the Invoice Date. If the Price List is not valid at the Invoice Date at the time of Invoicing, a price redetermination is triggered and the Price will be determined from a new Price List or will remain empty.
This does not occur for manually entered prices, but only for automatically determined prices.
This is the expected system behaviour. Please make sure that the Price List used in the Sales Order is valid for the Invoice Date during the time of Invoicing.
Wrong Price List Change Sales Order Service Customer Return Contract Invoice Request Blank Empty , KBA , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , Problem