- "No data is available for the chart to render." error meassage appears instead of the chart.
- The error appears after uploading new data for the current month in the Model.
- Dynamic date filter is applied for the chart.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.1.9
- Import Data Connection
- SAP Business Warehouse
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a model from a BW import data conception.
- Create chart from the model.
- Add a measure to the measures and the time dimension for dimensions.
- Apply a dynamic date filter for the current month.
- Refresh the model with the data for the new month.
- Reopen the Story.
- Observe the error.
The behavior is by design.
- The Story was saved when there were no data for the new time period.
(saved with error >> "No data is available for the chart to render.")
- Even if the data is provided later on (for the new time period), the story was saved with the error and showing that.
Have the data for new month updated as soon as possible and do not save the story with an error message.
Workaround in case the Story is saved with the error message:
- Remove the time dimension from the dimensions of the chart.
- Notice that the error message disappears.
- Help resources and free SAP Analytics Cloud content
- Help portal
- SAP Community (Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs)
- SAP Community WIKI
- Improvement requests (on the SAP Customer Influence portal)
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: (Overview, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Collaboration, Administration)
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, new, dates, time, range, quarter, year, week, , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem