Who all recieve notification on submission and on withdrawal of timesheet?
Employee Central - Timesheet
Reproducing the Issue
Maintain a single step workflow configuration with manager as an approver (for this example).
- Login as employee and submit timesheet > manager gets notification that workflow is submitted for approval.
- Login as employee and withdraw timsheet > this triggers notification of timesheet cancellation to manager as well as employee.
If the time sheet gets withdrawn from the time sheet UI, product cancels the workflow from the backend side. This means the workflow itself does not know that the cancellation was due to the user's action. Therefore, a mail is sent to all persons involved. (The same behavior is seen if an admin would cancel the workflow).
- This is a technical limitation caused by a trade off as the product is designed to have a 'loose' coupling between the time sheet and the workflow.
- This allows us to show the time sheet in the UI and have a workflow in parallel.
- In a 'strict' coupling, the workflow would handle the time sheet and it would not be available until the workflow has been approved or cancelled.
- Notifications are sent to the people who are not involved in that specific action, but are reqruied to know about that action. So the employee won't get notification when timsheet is submitted as he/she already knows that they submitted it. However, on withdrawal, it won't happen owing to above limitation.
- The behavior is expected as of now and having workflow send email to only those people who do not know about cancellation is not possible.
Time sheet withdrawal, timsheet workflow, timsheet, timesheet cancellation , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TMS , Time Sheet , Problem