You want to change the status of a Resource Group to Block or Set to Obsolete. However, when performing the change the system returns an error: At least one resource must be assigned to resource group ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Resource group).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Work Center Supply Chain Design Master Data.
2. Enter view Resources.
3. Show Resource Groups and Find ABC.
4. Click Edit.
5. Click Change Status button and select either Set to Obsolete or Block.
Result: The system will throw an error `At least one resource must be assigned to resource group ABC`.
This is an expected system behaviour. To change the status of a Resource Group you have to change the status of all its elements beforehand.
1. Assign a Resource to the affected Resource Group ABC.
2. Save the change.
3. Change the Status of the Resource to Obsolete.
4. Save the change.
5. Now you'll be able to change the Status of the Resource Group to Obsolete as well.
6. Go back to the Resource and change its status to `Undo Obsolete` and `Unblock`. The Resource will be in status: Active again.
Resource, Group, Set, Obsolete, Block,Status, Undo, Active, Change , KBA , AP-RDM , Resource Data Management , Problem