You have created a new Outgoing Cash Payment, however you noticed that the Post Button is grayed out.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payment Management Work Center.
- Select the Petty Cash View.
- Click New Outgoing Cash Payment.
- Post button is grayed out.
This is the system behavior.
Currently, there are two ways of posting Outgoing Cash Payments.
- Direct Posting to a G/L Account: You can use this option to deal with occasional operating costs, such as postage, in which an employee is given a sum of money to cover the cost of the item, or pays for the item themselves and is subsequently reimbursed.
- Reference to Items: You can use this option to make a posting to a customer/supplier account where you can assign the Outgoing Payment to an Open Item or enter it without assignment as an on account payment
The post button will only be available once all of the information is correctly filled in the New Outgoing Cash Payment.
To be able to post, you need to have at least one active petty cash fund containing sufficient cash for the payment. You also need to fulfill all of the required parameters with consistent data. Once all of the required information is maintained, then you can click post to save the Outgoing Cash Payment and post the same.
The posting will be made to the relevant G/L account and the new payment will be displayed with its document number in the cash journal. The cash journal will show the current balance, which has decreased by the amount of the outgoing cash payment.
Help Document: Create and Outgoing Cash Payment
Petty Cash, New Outgoing Cash Payment, Cash Payment, Payment Management, G/L Account, Outgoing Cash Payment. , KBA , SRD-FIN-MOP , Payment Management , Problem