When saving a Custom Learning Activity, the mandatory field - 'Completed Date' - is not respected. E.g. you can save the activity without entering a date.
> the Learning Activity saves eventhough the completion date does not have an entry.
Reproducing the Issue
2. Add Custom Learning Activity
3. Enter data in mandatory fields, but do not enter anything into the completion date field
The data will save and the Completion Date field will be empty.
The 'Completion Date' field is for use when a learning activity field is MANUALLY set to 'completed'. Then it will auto-populate with that days date.
If you wish to have a due date/ desired completion date field - e.g. when a manager adds a custom Learning Activity to a Reports Development Goal and wishes it to be completed by a certain date - then there is a custom configuration your Partner/ Consultant can do to enable this.
For Partner/ Consultant:
Best practice for the scenario where you want to have a date field which will auto-complete when Learning Activity is set to completed, and have a due date field where the manager can set a desired date for completion is the following:
- The 'completed_date' field should only have read and not write permission. So it is visible but not editable.
An example would be:
<field-definition id="completed_date" type="date" required="false" detail="true" viewdefault="on" showlabel="false" field-show-coaching-advisor="false" cascade-update="push-down">
<field-label lang="en_US">Date Completed:</field-label>
2. Then you need to create a custom field for the due date/ expected completion date field. An example of which would be:
<field-definition id="customdate1" type="date" required="true" detail="true" viewdefault="on" showlabel="false" field-show-coaching-advisor="false" cascade-update="push-down">
<field-label>Expected completed date</field-label>
<field-label lang="de_DE">Expected completed date</field-label>
<field-label lang="en_US">Expected completed date</field-label>
<field-description>Expected completed date</field-description>
Note: you will have to add the field to the plan layout in order for it to appear in the UI and the user permissions will also have to be defined, for [E], [EM] etc.
3. After the above xml has been configured your UI should look something like this when adding a Custom Learning Activity:
- When saved it will look like this in the Development Goal:
Above: Note that the field 'Date Completed' is still blank.
- Next: Click on 'Edit' and set the activity to 'Completed':
- Save, and now the activity will display the date when it was set to completed:
KBA , LOD-SF-CDP-LA , Learning Activity Plan (LMS) , How To