You’ve created a report with Advanced Reporting based on Time Management & Absence Request.
When a user (e.g. a Manager) runs the report is able to see data for users which is not permissioned for in the RBP role. In fact, in this case the manager is not able to access the Time Off data for some of the users they could see in the report query.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Advanced Reporting
- Report Canvas
Reproducing the Issue
Create a query using the Advanced Reporting
- Select the Time Management object and add the respective fields from any of the available tables. For example, Absence request, EmployeeTimesheet, TimeAccount, Time Collector etc.
- In this example the Manager was able to report on Time Off data (Absence Request) for users which could not access through the My Employee File - Time Off portlet.
You need to set up permissions for Time Account object & RBP to enable reporting for time accounts.
You can apply appropriate permissions to your time accounts in reporting by enabling the role-based permissions (RBP) for time accounts object and role as below:
- Secure the Employee Time Object as follow:
- Go to the Admin Center and choose Configure Object Definitions.
- Choose the generic object Employee Time.
- Choose Take Action then Make Correction and apply these changes:
- Make the userId field required (this is the default anyway).
- In the security section, set Secured to Yes.
- Choose Miscellaneous Permissions as the permission category.
- Enter userID in RBP Subject User Field.
- Manage Role permission – select the User role
- Select Permission settings then Miscellaneous Permission
- Employee Time & check the box for View – Edit & Import/Export
- Save the role
Further details are also available via the Setting Permissions for Time Account-Related Reports guide.
ORD, Online Report Designer, Advanced Reporting, Realms, ODS, Time Offt Data, absence request, Time management, object Security , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ODS , Advanced Reporting , How To