- Cannot set the Flow layout for custom MDF portlet in PP3.
- Not able to get flow based layout even in the Edit mode.
- Fields not appearing in Horizontal layout for custom MDF portlet in PP3.
- Fields are appearing in Form layout even when I have chosen Flow layout in the UI screen.
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF UI
Reproducing the Issue
Navigate to the custom MDF portlet on PP3 (People Profile).
Click on Edit button (Pencil Icon) or on Manage button (Watch Icon).
Even if you have selected the Flow Layout in the UI screen, the data still appears in the Form layout (label value pair).
Changing the Layout to Flow in the default group in the UI does not impact the appearance of the fields in PP3 portlet.
If you want to arrange the fields in your object in the Flow Layout, then you need to create a New Group in the UI and choose the Layout =Flow for that group. This layout takes effect only in Edit mode.
1) Go to Manage Configuration UI page and search for respective UI screen.
2) Search for the UI screen you have created for your object.
3) Create a Group by clicking on Add Group button. (Remove the automatically generated field Input type later)
4) Drag and Drop the desired fields into that newly created group.
5) Click on the Edit Properties button of that Group.
6) Choose the Layout = Flow and the click on OK.
7) Save the UI screen.
8) Navigate to the custom MDF portlet on PP3 (People Profile), again.
You will notice that in the View mode data still appears in the Form layout which is expected and by design. The layout takes effect only in the Edit mode.
9) Click on Edit icon. You will notice that fields will now appear in the Flow layout.
2556522 : Custom MDF: Fields in custom MDF portlet do not display horizontally in People Profile.
- MDF: Metadata Framework
- Custom MDF portlets