In the existing Holiday Calendar, when trying to update an existing Holiday with an additional Date, the system throws the error:
Holiday Name or Description already present
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Go to Implementation Projects view
- For the relevant project select Open Activity List button
- Go to Fine-Tune phase and open the activity Working Day Calendar
- Select Maintain an existing holiday calendar
- Select the respective Holiday Calendar
- Select Next
- From the List of Holidays, choose the relevant Holiday XYZ and select Edit (where XYZ stands for the holiday Name)
- On the Edit Holiday screen, select Add Row
- Provide the Date using the Calendar button
- System throws error as mentioned
Both the Name and the Description of the Holiday are not unique.
Provide a unique Name and Description while creating or editing Holidays. Ensure that Name is a unique text of maximum length 10.
Good practices for creating new Holidays:
1. Use already existing Holidays for adding them to a Calendar, if possible.
2. When you want to create a New Holiday, which occurs at the same Date every year, you should use the type Fixed Date. Then you do not have to adapt it every year.
1. SAP-delivered Holiday cannot be changed.
2. When creating or editing Holidays, both the Name and the Description must be unique.
3. For the holiday Name, only a length of 10 characters is allowed.
4. You cannot edit an existing Holiday due to the current behavior as below:
When you enter a longer Name for the Holiday, the duplicate check executes with this longer Name, and hence no duplicate is found. When you finished the Holiday Calendar creation and saved it, the holiday Name automatically cuts off to 10 characters, even if the cut off Name is a duplicate of an already existing Name. When you then try to Edit a Holiday with such a duplicate Name, you get the error message, that the Name already exists.
Holiday Calendar, Working Day Calendar, Maintain an existing Holiday Calendar , KBA , holiday calendar , working day calendar , maintain an existing holiday calendar , AP-RC-DT , Date & Time , Problem