Onchange rule is setting field value not only in the child object that is being modified, but all child composite objects of a specific parent object.
- SAP Successfactors HCM Suite
- Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Create or use a parent mdf object/portlet that can have multiple childs (For example: benefits portlet that can have multiple beneficiary)
- Create a rule that is set as onchange on a field in this child object, and that sets another field in this child object. (For example: if birthdate is set of beneficiary child object, the trustee field gets altered by rule automatically to yes, if benefciary is younger than 18 years).
- Create a child object (Example: create beneficairy in the benefits section) and note how the rule works fine and sets the other field.
- Now create a second child object (Example: create another beneficiary)
- Notice when yuo set the value of the field that has onchange rule, that the rule does not only get executed on the new second child object, but also again on the first child object (for example the rule will run for both beneficiary child objects in the benefits section).
This has been deemed a defect and is being investigated for a fix
A fix is targetted to be released in b1802
onchange, child object, JIRA ECT88297 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-PP3 , People Profile 3 , LOD-SF-EC-RUL , Business Rules & Event Derivation , Bug Filed