You have created a restricted key figure. However when you open the report and check the key figure value you realise the restriction is not applied correctly. For example you have taken key figure ABC (ABC represent the key figure name) and restricted it to status = completed, but in the report this is not taken into account.
Business By Design.
Cloud for Customer.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the Report from the respective work center.
- Execute the report.
- Check the value of your restricted key figure.
You identify that the key figure value is not restricted correctly.
This can happen in 2 scenarios:
- When the restricted key figure is based on another key figure which is calculated. For example, the restricted key figure is based on a calculated key figure DEF.
- When the restricted key figure is based on another key figure which is restricted. For example, the restricted key figure is based on a restricted key figure GHI.
The calculated key figure has a formula X+Y. In such cases the restriction will be applied to the formula in the Calculated Key figure DEF first. The resultant value of the calculation will be displayed for the Key figure ABC.
The restricted key figure GHI has a restriction on a specific characteristic, for example status = completed; closed. In your own custom key figure, you are again using the same characteristic to restrict it, in our example status = completed. If you use the same characteristic, the restrictions will be merkged rather than being applied on top of each other. In our example, it will display the status Completed AND Closed AND Completed, and it will not be restricted to Completed only.
This is an expected system behaviour.
For scenario 2, you can apply the following workaround: In the key figure wizard (step 2), instead of selecting the values you want to restrict the key figure to, exclude the values you do not want to see. So for example, instead of selecting the status Completed, exclude the value Closed.
You can check the setup of the standard key figure you are using via the following steps:
Go to the work center Business Analytics, View Design Key Figures.
- Search for the key figure you want to restrict.
- Click on the magnifying glass in the column Documentation.
In the new window, you can check how this key figure is restricted or calculated.
key figure, restricted key figure, report, data source, analytics, wrong report content, restriction not working , KBA , key figure does not work , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem