In a report selection, you have opened the value help for a variable and selected the required value. After clicking on OK, the selection variable shows the ID of the selected value, not the description. For example, instead of seeing an account name, you see the account ID.
- SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Open the respective report.
- In the selection area, open the value help for the respective variable (for example Account).
- Select a value.
- Click on OK.
You notice that although the value help shows the description of the values (e.g. account names), in the report selection itself, the IDs are shown.
This is the designed system behaviour. Report selections always show the ID.
If you would like to see the description of the selected variables, you can use the Show Description feature. It can be found in the report selection, after opening the report:
- In SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer, HTML5: Click on Show More > Show Description.
- In SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer, RUI: Click on Show Description in the top right corner of the selection.
- In SAP Business ByDesign: Click on the Show Description button.
In SAP Business ByDesign, in the HTML5 UI, this feature is currently not yet supported.
report selection, ID instead of description, report variables, variable description , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem