- How does the translatable field work?
- When is the default value modified automatically?
Employee Central - Manage Data
- For explanation, lets consider company's default language is en_US.
Fields which we are discussing here after:
Below are the scenarios and behavior of respective fields:
|Name field on UI (User's locale)||en_US||en_GB||Default before||Default after|
|en_GB||unmodified on Save||Not shown||blank||takes value from en_US. If en_US is blank, then takes value from en_GB|
|en_GB||unmodified on Save||Not shown||Value1||Value1|
|en_US||Not shown||unmodified on Save||blank||puts value entered in en_US now|
|en_US||Not shown||unmodified on Save||Value1||Value1|
- Also please note, the title of object shown in manage data and in employment Information page is based on user's locale.
- If there is no translation for user's locale then default title is shown in both these pages.
- Default language is only updated in scenarios mentioned above.
- If you are importing translations, then preferaby maintain default value as well in import file as per your requirements.
translation translatable fields name is different name mismatch default translation , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , How To