You observe that for a sales order item revenue is recognized, which should not be the case, so you are trying to reset the revenue fully recognized indicator and want to perform the revenue recognition again, however you are unable to reset revenue fully recognized indicator by simply changing the accrual method & reassigning the original accrual method.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Cost and Revenue work center and the Sales Document Items view.
- Find Sales Order Items in question.
- Click the sub-tab Accounting Data.
- Click on Reassign and select Accrual Method.
- Select Accrual Method E.g., 1 Recognize at point of invoice.
The Accrual Method for your sales order item previously assigned accrual method is Recognize at point of delivery.
In the above steps you changed the accrual method to 1. Recognize at point of invoice and reassigned back to original accrual method. This will only lead to change of accrual methods and will not help in resetting the revenue fully recognized.
- Go to Cost and Revenue Work Center.
- Go to Sales Document Items View.
- Search for the sales order in question.
- Select the sales order line item.
- Click Reassign Accrual Method and change the accrual method to Continue to Defer (this will reset the Revenue Fully Recognized flag).
- Click Reassign Accrual method again and Assign an accrual method of your choice.
Some sales document items may require that you manually decide when to recognize revenue so this is the reason it will help in resetting the revenue fully recognized indicator.
Reset Revenue Recognized fully indicator , KBA , revenue recognized fully indicator , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , Problem