We are facing an error when viewing some item requests: "You do not have permission to view this page"
But if we navigate to any other tab on this page and select "Access all sections in view mode", then we are able to go back to the Item requests tab and view the requests.
- SAP HCM Suite
- Learning Managerment System (LMS)
- Admin interface
- Related/More > Requests
Reproducing the Issue
- Open an item
- Navigate to the Related/More section
- click on the Requests tab
- Cannot view the page due to permissions missing
By default, all tabs in this screen open in edit mode, the option "Access all sections in view mode" switches ALL tabs in related/more to view mode which is why the admin is then able to access the Requests tab.
The admin is not able to access the Requests tab when in edit mode for some items because the workflow "Edit User item Request" is restricted to edit item requests belonging to a certain domain.
However, the admin has the permission to view item requests from this same domain.
If the admin did not have the "View User item Request" at all, then the tab would be greyed out.
Edit the domain restriction related to the workflow to contain the domain where the error is experienced.
For example: Items in domain A is giving this error.
- Find the role assigned to the admin reporting the error (system admin > app admin > Admin mgmt > search and open admin record > assigned role tab)
- Open the role, if more than one role assigned then they all need to be reviewed (system admin > security > Role mgmt > search)
- Open the workflow restriction tab and expand all, search for "Edit User item Request" and copy the domain restriction ID populated
- Navigate to System Admin > Security > Domain Restriction > search your domain restriction and open it
- Select the Domains Tab
- Click "Add one or more from list" to add Domain A to the list
- Apply changes
- Test to confirm the admin can now access the item requests for items in Domain A
SAP, SF, Successfactors, learning, LMS, workflow, domain, restriction, request, Access all sections in view mode, You do not have permission to view this page , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-WOR , Workflows/ Permissions , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , Problem