When you are trying to post a new Journal Entry Voucher, you face the error message: No Postings Available For Supplier ABC, Company DEF and Set of Books GHI.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Select the Journal Entry Vouchers view and open it.
- Click on New button and then click on Journal Entry Voucher.
- Select the mandatory parameters:
a) Company: DEF
b) Set of Books: GHI
c) Journal Entry Type: 00084 - Manual Entry for Accounts Payable
d) Screen Variant: 626 - Manual Write-Up/Write-Down Accounts Pay.
- Click on Add Row in the first line and select Supplier Reconciliation Account in the G/L Account, select your supplier account whose balance you want to manually write up/write down but due to some reason you have chosen wrong supplier account who does not have any open item (invoice) and select the Credit in Transaction amount.
- In the Second line click on the Add Row and select your Manual Write up/Write Down G/L Account field. Select the desired G/L Account for write up/write down and select the Debit in Transaction amount.
- Then click on Post and you get this error message No Postings Available For Supplier ABC, Company DEF and Set of Books GHI.
You have selected wrong supplier account that does not have any open invoice(s) for manual write up/write down purpose. You should choose supplier’s account that has open item(s) or invoice(s) and you want to manually write up/write down that invoice(s) amount due to some reason.
So manual write up/down is only possible for supplier’s with an open item. Therefore choose the correct supplier's account that has open item(s) or Invoice(s) and you want to manually write up/write down that invoice(s) amount by posting of Journal Entry Voucher.
Write up, No Posting, Journal Entry, Accounts Receivables , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem