- You want to connect to your own data sources Live, without importing data to your SAP Analytics Cloud tenant.
- What data sources allow you to connect directly from your browser?
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- Data Sources: SAP HANA Platform, S/4HANA, BW or UNX Universes in SAP Business Intelligence Platform
SAP Analytics Cloud allows you to connect directly to some data sources.
January 2018. Currently, you can connect to the following Data Sources using Live Connections:
- SAP HANA Platform
- SAP BW (Business Warehouse)
- UNX Universes
The easiest way to connect to all of these data sources is using Direct Connection - Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS). This will allow you to avoid installing and configuring reverse proxy. This KBA covers this configuration. For reverse proxy configuration, you can read the product's documentation.
Each data source will require different steps to configure it completely. These are the main areas:
Your browser is requesting directly the data to the data source using HTTPS protocol. This will require your data source to provide the browser with a valid and trusted certificate.
This applies to desktop browsers and the mobile app. For iOS, you will find more information on trusted Certificate Authorities in the section Downloading and Installing the Mobile App of SAP Analytics Cloud documentation.
For more information on valid certificates for your data source, you can read the KBA 2482807
CORS (Cross-Domain Resource Sharing)
Your browser will send two requests: one to your SAP Analytics Cloud and one to your data source (BW, HANA or S/4HANA). You must configure the Access-Control-Allow-Origin headers in your data source to allow requests coming from the origin: https://<YOUR_COMPANY_NAME>.sapanalytics.cloud
The steps required to configure your data source to allow request coming from SAP Analytics Cloud will be different.
SAP HANA Platform
- Steps to configure CORS in HANA - Section Configure CORS support on your SAP HANA system
- Common errors: Failed to connect to system - KBAs 2557845 and master KBA for this error 2544696
- Steps to configure CORS in BW - Section Configure CORS support on your SAP NetWeaver system.
- Common errors: Unknown error. Please see console log for details - KBA 2588917
- Steps to configure CORS in S/4HANA - Section Configure CORS support on your SAP NetWeaver system
- Common errors: Error [Server]: Fatal Runtime Exception occured - KBA 2549768
UNX Universes in SAP BI Platform
- Steps to configure CORS - SAP BOE Live Data Connect Installation Guide
- Common errors: Master KBA 2527393
- None: The browser will send directly the authentication method available to the backend: Kerberos ticket, client certificate, etc.
- User Name and Password: each user will be prompted to type its username/password for the data source.
- SAML Single Sign On (SSO): valid for HANA, BW and S/4HANA. SAP Analytics Cloud and the data source selected must use the same SAML Identity Provider: AD FS, Azure AD, SAP IAS, etc.
Connecting outside your network
Direct connections to your database will require your browser to connect directly to the datasources. SAP Analytics Cloud will not see or import your data. Therefore, if you are connecting from another network not connected to the network where HANA, BW, etc. are connected, you will require one of these two methods:
- VPN: you will require to VPN first to the network where the data sources are located.
- Reverse proxy: you will need to configure a reverse proxy that has a valid public IP and it's accessible for Internet.
For any of these options, you need to discuss with your network administrators.
- Help resources and free SAP Analytics Cloud content
- Help portal
- SAP Community (Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs)
- SAP Community WIKI
- Improvement requests (on the SAP Customer Influence portal)
- Videos by topic areas: (Overview, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Collaboration, Administration)
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
live, direct, remote, hana, S4, BW, AS, ABAP, s/4, connecting, conection, SAC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , How To