Your requirement is to add Item Notes to the existing Opportunities. Upon using the Migration of Opportunities with Modify Mode, system throws the below error:
Update not possible; existing data for TEXT not fully specified
Missing key specification for processing node OPPORTUNITY ItemTextCollection.TEXT
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview
- Search and Open the activity Migration of Opportunities
- Choose Migrate opportunities using the migration tool
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File with Migration Mode Modify already existing records
- You receive the error message mentioned during the Simulation step
It is not possible to use Migration approach to add new Item Notes for the existing Opportunities.
1. While uploading new Opportunities, to add the Item Notes, use the Text Type Code as 10001 in the Migration File.
2. It is possible to add new header Notes to the existing Opportunities using the Migration Mode Enhance already existing records.
3. For the existing Opportunities, if Item Notes are already available, then the Item Notes can be modified using Mass Data Maintenance.
4. For the existing Opportunities, if Item Notes are not available, it cannot be added via Migration. This functionality is not possible even via Data Workbench approach.
We have added this functionality as a new requirement and will be available in one of the future releases.
Item Notes, Text Type Code, Migration of Opportunities, ItemTextCollection, Update not possible , KBA , item notes , text type code , migration of opportunities , itemtextcollection , update not possible , LOD-LE-OPP , Opportunity processing , Problem