You found a field in a report (for example Report Profit Overview by Key Figure technical ID FINPRFU30_Q0002) via the Excel Add-in which was not available in the UI.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
You open a report in the UI and then navigate to the Excel Add-in. There you are able to find field XYZ (Where XYZ represents the field name) which you cannot find in the system via Add Fields.
The field is not a characteristic. It is called an attribute.
You are looking to display an attribute in a report. In HTML5 all attributes are available via Add Fields (like normal characteristics).
But in Silverlight they are available from a different place.
To show an attribute in Silverlight please follow the below steps:
- Go to the Business Analytics Workcenter.
- Select Show Settings.
- Open the Characteristics Settings.
- In the General Tab under Characteristics in Rows, you will see one column called Attribute Shown.
- Select the value help for this, you will get a list of all available attributes for this characteristic.
- Now you can select an attribute and display it in the report.
More information can be found in the SAP Help Document Characteristic Settings available via the Help Center in SAP Business by Design.
Characteristics; attribute; report; Excel Add-in; Add fields; Silverlight , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To