When you try to create a New Charge/Credit for India, you receive an error message after insert the HSN/SAC Code for India.
'Service tax accounting code <XXXX> does not exist'
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Payables Work Center.
- Under Suppliers View select Suppliers Accounts Sub-view.
- Open the Account ID AAA.
- Click New Charge/Credit button.
- Under General Information choose a Charge/Credit.
- Under Account Assignment insert a G/L Account and the HSN/SAC code for India
- Error message is displayed.
- 'Service tax accounting code <XXXX> does not exist'
This issue occurs because the HSN/SAC Code for India is being inserted after the G/L Account.
Currently we have a sequence which need to be followed when creating a Charge/Credit. The HSN/SAC Code for India, must be inserted before the G/L Account.
So, the sequence for create a New Charge/Credit is:
- Insert HSN Code, and then the error message is displayed.
- Insert the G/L Account and press 'Enter' button in the keyboard.
- The error message disappears.
If this sequence is followed while filling the details, the HSN Code error will not occur.
GST, HSN/SAC Code, India, Charge, Credit, Charge/Credit, GL Account, Service Tax Accounting Code, Tax Code, Payables. , KBA , gst , tax code , does not exist , payables , sac code , service tax accounting code , charge/credit , accounting code does not exist , hsn code , india , gl account , SRD-FIN-GLO-TAX , GLO - Tax Declaration , Problem