- The Employee has the ability to change the category field of an assigned Team Goal.
- The Customer wants to disable this permission for the Employee and only wants the Manager to be able to change the category field of the Team Goal, without removing the ability of the employee to change the Category on a Personal Goal.
SuccessFactors Goal Management
Reproducing the Issue
- On the Goal Plan, a Manager assigns a Team Goal.
- The Employee has the ability to change the Category of the assigned team goal.
In the Goal Plan XML, the <cascade-update> element is set to "regular".
In Goal Plan xml
1. Set cascade-update settings to push-down to remove the ability of the assignee (Employee) to edit Team Goal Fields.
- Set cascade-update to push-down if you only need the Creator of the Team Goal to edit a goal field.
- Set cascade-update to regular if you want the assignee to edit the goal field.
- There is no setting to prevent the creator from editing a goal field.
2. Lock the Category Field so that only certain roles are able to change the Category. This will allow the user to edit Goal Category in the Personal Goals
<field-definition id="control-category-element" type="text" required="true" detail="false" viewdefault="on" showlabel="false" field-show-coaching-advisor="false" cascade-update="push-down">
*The label will not show in the UI, it is just to be able to assign permissions to the field.
3. Set permission as needed for "control-category-element". This applies to Personal Goals.
Goal Plan, Team Goal, Edit fields, assign, cascade-update, regular, push-down, permissions , KBA , LOD-SF-GM-TMP , GM Template Management , Problem