While adding products or making any changes to an opportunity the following error occurs: Please enter a party with role Sales Unit
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Select the Opportunity view.
- Open the opportuntity ABC (ABC represents the number of the opportunity).
- Go to the Products tab.
- Click on the Add button.
- The following error occurs: Please enter a party with role Sales Unit
The owner of the opporuntity is not assigned to any Sales Unit.
Assign the Owner to a Sales Unit, using the following steps:
- Go to the Administrator work center.
- Select the General Settings view.
- Open the Employees link.
- Search for the owner XYZ and select the Edit button (XYZ represents the name of the employee).
- For the field Organizational Unit, select an option from the value help and Save.
- Now, open the opporunity ABC, remove the owner XYZ, add it again and Save.
The error message will dissappear.
Opportunity, Please enter a party with role Sales Unit. , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , How To