Canvas Report - Pie Chart Labels text are overlapping
SuccessFactors HCM Core
- Canvas Report
Reproducing the Issue
Create a report query and Add chart component into the Canvas.
- Edit Formatting >
- Chart > Select Pie Chart
- Add data values to the chart (X and Y axis )
- Under Appearance set the Max Datapoint Width.
- Use Smart Labels > enable
Preview the Chart > the data labels overlap each other
The texts are adjacent to each other because the Pie Chart Datapoint Width representing the the data is too small to fit the labels.
Normally the layout of the Pie Chart will try to arrange the data labels so they do not overlap. However, since the datapoint width is too narrow, reducing the Label text size will make it too small to read. As a workaround :
- Change the Chart Type to Bar Line, line or other than Pie.
- Or disable the "Category Labels" and Show the Legend ( Legend has text and color corresponding to each category Label)
Screenshot of Labels disabled and Legend Enabled
Pie Chart Labels Overlapping, Dashbord Pie Chart labels overlapping, Canvas Report Pie Chart label overlapping. , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-DSH , Dashboard and YouCalc , LOD-SF-ANA-RCT , Report Center , Problem