- In Crystal Reports, when attempting to connect to SAP BI via the "Enterprise" button, or when trying to save the report to SAP BI, the following error is returned:
- Transport error: Communication failure.(FWM 00001)
SAP Crystal Reports / Crystal Reports for Enterprise (all versions)
SAP BI Dashboards 4.2
- SAP Business Intelligence Platform 4.2
Reproducing the Issue
- Install SAP Dashboard and Crystal Reports, in either order
- Run Crystal Reports
Either choose File > Open > Enterprise button, which prompts you to, "Log On to BusinessObjects Enterprise"; OR, create a report then attempt to save it to SAP BI using the Enterprise button
After submitting valid Central Management Server (CMS) information and valid logon credentials, the error is returned: Transport error: Communication failure.(FWM 00001)
- This issue occurs when different versions of SAP BI client products are installed to the same Windows computer, specifically mismatched patch levels of SAP Dashboards and SAP Crystal Reports
- Both applications share many of the same common files, and so the issue arises when Crystal Reports loads mismatched DLLs which were introducted by SAP Dashboard
- There is a version mismatch between Crystal Reports 2016 and Dashboards installed on the same machine. Because both applications are sharing the same dlls, Crystal Reports is using the incorrect Support Pack driver to connect the SAP BusinessObjects Repository.
- Update the SAP Dashboards version to match the Support Pack version of Crystal Reports 2016.
If on the same computer you Dashboard at Support Pack 02, and Crystal Reports 2016 at Support Pack 04, then you need to install Support Pack 04 for Dashboard, so it match the exact Support Pack of Crystal Reports 2016 used.
KBA 1745855 - "Transport error: Communication failure.(FWM 00001)" when attempting to log on to Enterprise from Crystal Reports designer
Publish Transport error: Communication failure. (FWM 00001) 2011 2013 2016 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security & CrystalReports viewing in BI platform , Problem