A Blank error is received when navigating or saving the "Add New Employee" tool while trying to create a new employee
- SAP Successfactors HCM Suite
- Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into instance
- Go to Admin center
- Choose the "add new employee" tool
- Fill in various sections for this new hire and try to save.
- Notice how you may receive a blank error message with no information in it
- The error is happening because the username already exist, and this can be seen by debugging or looking at the trace/logs.
- This has been deemed a defect though, as this message should also appear in the popup error to inform person filling in the new hire.
- Engineering are working to get a proper error/warning message to be displayed.
The blank error is caused by a non-unique username being set for the New Hire. The error message that should display is "Username already exists, please choose another one."
This blank pop-up issue is fixed in the b1802 release and will display the correct error message.
Blank error, new hire, add employee, JIRA ECT-88553, Username already exists, please choose another one , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-PP3 , People Profile 3 , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , New Hire/Rehire Wizards , Problem