While Creating a New Contact, Fields like Address , Phone, Job Function are Marked as Read Only in the Master Layout.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customers work center.
- Select the Contacts View.
- Click in new button to create a new contact.
- Click on button Adapt and select Edit Master Layout.
- Put the mouse over the field and click on Change proprieties in the tool box.
You will notice that specific field cannot be edited.
These fields can only be maintained if an account is assigned to the referred contact.
The reason why these fields depend on the assignment of an account is that this data is specific for the relationship between contact and account. So If the same contact has a relationship to another account it is possible to maintain this data deviating which makes sense from a business perspective.
Contacts, Change Properties, Edit Master Layout, New, Adapt, Read Only, Address, Phone, Job, Function , KBA , LOD-CRM-CON , Contact , Problem