You have downloaded a report in xlsx Format. If you open it in Excel and select a column, the sum would not be shown in the toolbar below.
However if you download the same report in xml format and select the same column the sum will be shown.
SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Reports.
- Open the Report ABC (ABC represents the name of the report).
- Download Report to xlsx format.
- Open the report in Excel.
- Select a column with numerical values.
If the report is downloaded in xlsx format, the sum will not appear in the bottom toolbar.
When you download a report in xlsx format from the system, all the data in the report is anticipated as text in Excel. The sum function will work only on numerical fields not in text fields.
There is a workaround in Excel. You can convert the Column text to numbers using Text to columns feature in Excel.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem