You are trying to post the Journal Entry Voucher and you see the error: Account type must be receivables (AR)
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the General Ledger Work Center.
- Click on New Journal Entry Voucher View.
- Enter Company ID and Set of Books.
- Enter GL Account and Customer ID.
- Fill the mandatory details.
- Click on Post.
The system expects you to enter the GL Account which has Account Type - Receivables. In such case, either you have to change the GL Account which has Account Type = AR - Receivables or you can change the GL Account Type in business configuration.
Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Search for the activity - Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Click on Edit Charts of Accounts.
- Select the respective Charts of Account.
- Search for the respective GL Account.
- Here, you can change the GL Account Type = AR - Receivables.
Now, you can simulate or post the Journal Entry Voucher without any error message.
Error in Journal Entry Voucher; Unable to post Journal Entry Voucher , KBA , error in journal entry voucher , unable to post journal entry voucher , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem