When adding a RSS feed to a Homepage Tile, you receive an error message : 'This System could not retreive the RSS feed items from the URL. Change your entry'.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Homepage.
- Select the Actions Icon.
- Select Adapt.
- Select Add Custom Tile.
- Maintain values for URL and Title.
- Select Save.
You will see the error 'This System could not retreive the RSS feed items from the URL. Change your entry'.
The RSS URL is not valid and cannot be added.
When you test a RSS feed, you can use some RSS validator(there's some available on the web) to test if it's valid.
We can confirm the following guidelines for RSS Feeds.
- To check if the RSS feed URL is valid, please check it here https://validator.w3.org/feed/
- Also the URL should be RSS2.0 complaint.
- Also, the URL should return feed in 'rss' format and not 'rdf' format. 'rdf' format is not supported.
If the RSS feed URL is valid and the error message still being displayed, you will need to update the certificates in your system to connect to the RSS Feed.
You can upload the certificate following the steps:
- Go to Administration work center.
- Go to Common Tasks view.
- Click on Edit Certificate Trust List.
- Click on Upload.
RSS Feed, URL, Homepage , KBA , LOD-CRM-HOM , Home Page , How To