Initial load of Product Categories from SAP ERP to SAP Cloud for Customer fails with error "ID Mapping for external value 1 XYZ of ERP Product Category Missing".
XYZ represents an example Product Category ID.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer Integration with SAP ERP
Reproducing the Issue
Login to Cloud for Customer system.
- Go to Administrator workcenter.
- Open Web Service Message Monitoring under General Settings view.
- Find and select relevant failed inbound messages for service interface ProductCategoryHierarchyReplicationInitiatedbyExternalIn.
- See the Error Log, error message "ID Mapping for external value 1 XYZ of ERP Product Category Missing".
ID Mapping for external root category ABC is missing in Cloud for Customer, for the replication of Product Categories, the pre-requisite is to have an ID Mapping for the root category.
Maintain the ID Mapping for root category with below steps,
Go to Administrator workcenter.
- Open ID Mapping for Integration view.
- Click Edit ID Mapping for Integration.
- Select Mapping of ERP Product Categories.
- Select relevant System Instance ID.
- Click Go.
- Find and select the relevant Root category, and maintain ExternalID as XYZ.
If the Root category isnt created yet in C4C, then it has to be created first manually, only then ID Mappings can be maintained.
Product Hierarchy replication from ERP, C4C Integration , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-ERP , Integration of C4C with ERP , Problem