Once you add a Product to an Opportunity you are not able to edit the Product Category. The only way to do this is to removing the Product and adding it again.
SAP CLOUD FOR CUSTOMER 1711 / 04
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Select the Opportunities view.
- Open Opportunity ABC (ABC represents the name of the Opportunity).
- Go to the Products facet.
- Click to Add a product.
- Select the Product and the Product Category.
- Save it.
- Now click in the Edit button to edit the Opportunity.
- The Product Category field will be greyed out.
Currently the Product Category can only be changed in the Product Master Data and not directly in the Sales Document. This was created to avoid master data inconsistencies.
This is the SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer expected behavior.
If you need this functionality urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influencer Site to submit an idea: https://influence.sap.com/SAPCloudforCustomer
Products; C4C; Opportunity; Product Category , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , LOD-CRM-PRO , Products , How To