When you add products to sales documents created from visits, the GTIN is not shown automatically.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Visits work center.
- Go to the Visits view.
- Open Visit ID XXX (XXX represents the visit ID).
- On the Sales Orders tab, click on New Order.
- On the pop-up, click on Add Products.
- See that the GTIN field is not populated.
- Add quantity and unit of measure to the product and the GTIN comes up.
The GTIN requires an unit of measure to be determined.
This is the expected system behaviour.
If this needs changing you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by the Cloud Service Center on https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html .
You can contact the Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use firstname.lastname@example.org or the Partnerfinder.
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right-hand side of https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html, choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page.
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influencer Site to submit an idea: https://influence.sap.com/SAPCloudforCustomer
GTIN ; Visits : Sales Order ; Sales Quote ; Product ; Determination , KBA , LOD-LE-CQP-CO , Lean Sales Orders , How To